It is common knowledge that you can use a bike for transportation, recreation, sport, or exercise. As the name implies, road bikes are suitable for paved roads instead of competitive cycling. These bikes are ideal for commuters, and they roll fast and freely on paved roads as long as there are no obstacles.
Road bikes have lightweight frames, and they are highly efficient. They are a fun way of improving your fitness and enjoying your beautiful environment without the fast pace of automobiles. Because there are several road bikes on the market, you need to consider specific criteria before purchasing one.
The best road bikes have lightweight frames, components, and wheels, and they also have narrow tires and wheels and a composite front fork.
This post reviews one of the best road bikes on the market – the Takara Kabuto single-speed road bike. Kindly read on for more information.
Takara Kabuto Single Speed Road Bike
The Takara Tomy brand is a leading manufacturer of bikes. The brand has a line of single-speed road bikes, with the Kabuto as its flagship. Furthermore, the bike is suitable for the long-term use of commuters. Without breaking the bank, the Kabuto single-speed bike is has a simple design and is affordable. The bike’s frame is made from handcrafted steel with horizontal dropouts, making it solid and unaffected by consistent use in a big city.
Another significant feature of the Kabuto road bike is its flip flop hub. This feature allows you to run the bike in two modes – fixed gear or standard freewheel, without you worrying about any adjustments to the bike’s components. Furthermore, with its 54 cm frame, the bike is suitable for people in the height range of 5 feet 10 inches and 6 feet 2 inches.
The Kabuto single-speed road bike is sturdy enough to withstand not-so-perfect roads due to its yellow Kenda 700 × 32 tires. Also, the bike gives you a 31- inch stand-over clearance, and its side pull brakes are simple to use.
Additionally, the Kabuto single-speed road bike is unisex. The bike is easy to ride, making it suitable for beginners because you can focus on biking instead of shifting gears. Furthermore, because the bike is single-speed, it does not require much maintenance.
- 54 cm frame
- Rear flip-flop hub
- 31-inch stand-over clearance
- Fixed gear and single speed modes
- Handcrafted steel frame
- Brand: Takara Tomy
- Dimensions: 69 × 17 × 38 in
- Weight: 37.2 lbs.
- Color: Yellow/Black
- Frame: Welded steel frame and horizontal drop out
- Handlebar: Steel
- Seat collar: Alloy
- Brakes: Alloy side pull
- Rims: Alloy
- Tires: Yellow Kenda 700 × 32
- Spokes: Stainless steel
- Pedals: Alloy cage and toe clips
- The Kabuto single speed road bike is suitable for commuters long term use
- The bike’s tig-welded frame makes it lightweight, sturdy, and ideal for continuous use in a big city
- The flip flop hub allows a smooth transition between the fixed gear and standard freewheel mode
- The alloy rims accommodate Kenda tires that are unaffected by not-so-perfect roads
- The Kabuto single speed road bike has a 31-inch stand over clearance, giving people of different heights enough room
- The bike’s stainless steel bar is corrosion resistant and has a better impact absorption
- The bike is unisex and available in fancy colors
- The bike only supports riders in the 5 feet 8 inches and 6 feet 2 inches height range, therefore, limiting some riders, especially women
- Since the bike is not a high-end bike, the quality is not so excellent. Nevertheless, for its price range, it is a pretty solid bike
The Takara Kabuto single-speed road bike is the ideal commuter bike. With its flip flop hub, you can easily transition between two modes. The bike has features that make it sturdy, and it is suitable for consistent use even in less than perfect road conditions. Furthermore, the bike is ideal for beginners, and at its price, you get to enjoy several great features.
You can also check out: